Training and Support
for Massachusetts Landlords
Being a landlord is a hard business. For many years, HAPHousing has provided workshops designed to assist rental property owners to manage their properties well.
Landlords can also come to HAPHousing for the latest information about housing, housing-related problems and questions, and education about their rights and responsibilities. Our helpful counselors are available to meet or talk to you on the phone. It is our philosophy that people who have good information make better decisions about their housing. When both landlords and tenants understand their rights and responsibilities and communicate well with each other, everyone wins.
HAPHousing offers many programs for landlords, including these:
- Housing Consumer Education Center for any type of housing question. Call 413-233-1600
- NEW HAPHousingNotes Newsletter just for landlords
- Low-cost financing for lead-based paint hazard abatement (Get the Lead Out program) for owners of 1-4 family properties.
- Rental property management training, including workshops designed to assist owner in managing their properties. Our workshops cover topics such as Massachusetts Housing Laws, tenant screening, landlord/tenant relations, the eviction process and lead paint.
- Home Modification Loans for units occupied by a person with a disability.
- Section 8 Rental Housing Voucher Program, through which we dispense over $30 million a year in federal HUD funds to local landlords.
- The HAPHousing Property Management Manual for Massachusetts Rental Owners is a “must read” for new rental property owners and invaluable resource for all residential property managers and owners. It is especially helpful for those who own a small number of rental units. Newly revised, it includes a CD with sample letters and forms. Call 413-233-1616 or email email@example.com to purchase a copy.